Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Road Trip To Orlando

Hi Friends,

Happy Friday! I hope you have some awesome plans for this weekend. Are you going to have a BBQ, planned a pool party, or just going to stay in the cool inside?

Trip:

The day after The Pulse night club killings in Orlando, FL, my husband and I took a road trip to visit family that were staying at the Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando. As we listened to the radio on the way up, we were worried about what we might encounter once we actually entered the vicinity of downtown Orlando.

When we stopped at a Service Plaza on the FL Turnpike, I was amazed at how many people stopped, watched the news on the television and were amazed at what had and was happening in Orlando. I thought to myself, "aren't they listening to the radio in the car and hearing about the killings?" Then I laughed to myself thinking probably not with the use of phones for texting friends, playing games, listening to music and DVRs for watching videos.

As we got close to the Hard Rock Hotel, my husband and I almost simultaneously mentioned that The Pulse was probably only 15 minutes from where we are and you wouldn't know anything was happening downtown.

Very sad. Keeping all the families in my prayers.

Once we connected with our family, we had some lunch in the hotel restaurant that was delicious then sat around the pool watching the kids swim until dinner time. Not being beach lovers, my husband and I do not own swimsuits!

While everyone was getting ready to go to Emeril's Orlando for dinner, my husband and I enjoyed the air conditioned lobby and played our Word game on our phones.

Here are some pictures after taking the water taxi to the island for dinner:



Dinner was mouth-watering and service was very good.

Have a great weekend. I will have new jewelry creations next week. So come on back y'all!

Sue
Gallery:  www.thebeadedpathway.etsy.com
Blog: www.onthebeadedpathwayjourney.blogspot.com
Instagram:  www.instagram.com/marrob_4952
Pinterest:  www.pinterest.com/beadedpathway




No comments:

Post a Comment