Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Thank you, Neighbors


Well yesterday, I had my day planned out: go to the bank and go get dog meds but oh no, no way - our oldest dog, Tee, decided he was going to dig out of the front yard. Not that this was the first time but it has been a long time since he has dug. Being big and long, Tee has to dig deep (almost to Key West) and out about a foot to get under the fence.

Our youngest dog, Sissy, was coming in the house and barking but I did not pay attention since I was getting ready to run my errands. Of course in hind sight, she was trying to let me know Tee was digging out. When I couldn't shut her up, the message sunk in (DUH!!) and I went outside to look for Tee but he was long gone.

So with leash in hand, I wandered up and down our street yelling, "Tee, come here boy", but no sign of him. Tee has a certain route that he likes to roam but most of it is woods and I will not go in there no matter what. Then I decided to go back home and fill Tee's escape hole back-
in.

As I was raking the dirt into the hole, I heard this jingling noise (Tee's tags) and knew Tee was close. I looked up and Tee was running down the street away from me and back into the woods. I called out to him but he only ran faster.

Back to raking the dirt, Tee ran out of the woods, passed me and ran in the opposite direction across the main street. Upset, I got the leash and walked across the main street calling out to Tee. Neighbors heard me calling and came out to help me. They were able to get Tee by his collar until I could reach them. Thank you, Neighbors!

Once I got Tee back home, I had to rinse him down since he went into the mud hole in the woods. Then he and I were exhausted. Tee slept the rest of the day and I didn't feel like running my errands.

There is always tomorrow!



My jewelry is within your reach
On Etsy at TheBeadedPathway
Hoping to reach
Your doorway.





Have an awesome day,
Sue
www.thebeadedpathway.etsy.com
www.instagram.com/thebeadedpathway
www.pinterest.com/thebeadedpathway
www.onthebeadedpathwayjourney.blogspot.com







 

No comments:

Post a Comment