Tuesday, May 3, 2016

I Need A Drink!

Good Morning,

Well today started off on the quiet side where I posted a jewelry creation to my gallery, The Beaded Pathway, at www.thebeadedpathway.etsy.com but the quietness didn't last long.


My older dog decided to dig out of the yard AGAIN!! Every time my husband and I think we find a solution to this ongoing problem Tee finds a way around the solution. I think he just wants out and doesn't care about what he has to do to get out. But Tee is slick, he goes into the woods across from our house and every once in a while comes out to let me know where he is.

Today was different Tee went across the main street and into an area that is being cleared for new construction. Being 86 degrees outside, I was not going to chase him around the neighborhood. So I decided to go out every 30 minutes to see if Tee is homeward bound.

After 30 minutes, I went to look for Tee but couldn't hear or see any signs of him so I went back into the house to put a load of laundry in when I heard this scratching noise at the front door. Since the laundry room has a door to the outside, I opened it and there was Tee coming around the corner towards me. After leashing Tee, I walked him outside in hopes to wash him down when the neighbor called me over to let me know that he let Tee into our yard. I thanked my neighbor for what he did especially since he is nervous around dogs.

Here is a picture of Tee now with tongue hanging out and breathing heavy: 

Here is a picture of what I need now:
The Bourbon Manhattan with the cherries looks very inviting right now. In a cocktail shaker place, 2oz. of bourbon, 1/2 oz. of sweet vermouth, and a dash of aromatic bitters (?). Add some ice cubes, cover and shake until very cold. Into an ice-filled glass strain the liquid and garnish with a cherry or two.

Next is a Frozen Grasshopper which is probably more my kind of drink. Combine in a blender 2 cups of vanilla ice cream, 1/2 cup green crème de menthe, and 1/2 cup white crème de cacao. Add 1 and 1/2 cups of ice, cover and blend until smooth. Pour into glass and garnish with chocolate-mint candies.

Then a Sidecar (never heard of this!), you combine 2 oz. brandy, 1 oz. lemon juice. and 1 oz. orange liqueur in a cocktail shaker. Then add ice cubes, cover and shake until very cold and strain into an ice-filled glass and garnish with lemon slices.

Last but not least, a Vodka Gimlet which you combine 1 and 1/2 oz. vodka and 1/2 oz. sweetened lime juice then add ice cubes, cover and shake until very cold. Strain into an ice-filled glass and garnish with lime slices.

Anyone want to join me? Happy Tuesday!

Cheers,

Sue












No comments:

Post a Comment