Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Take a breath!

Good Morning Friends,

Building my jewelry business has taught me hard work and scheduling is a key to managing my business life. As far back as I can remember, my mom and dad always worked. Mom worked in different positions, i.e., salesperson in a hardware store; owned a delicatessen; and, ran a food truck. Dad mainly worked in the railroad freight yard and helped mom in the delicatessen on the weekends. They showed me the value of hard work and resourcefulness.

A good schedule for me so far, is working on The Beaded Pathway, Monday through Friday, including by blog which leaves family time for Saturday and Sunday.

The Beaded Pathway that I am shouting about for myself as an entrepreneur is a fulfilling one but not always a smooth one. There are days when I am tough and feel as if I could conquer the world; on other days I struggle to even get started. But I always remind myself to take a breath, praise the lord and get myself moving.

I came across this quote by Jessica Alba that made me think of the pathway ahead for women at this time in the world: "It's such an interesting and great time for women as far as figuring out where to put your energies." Powerful!

Yesterday, I started to work on this square stitch bracelet which comes together quickly and looks great in a range of beads and colors. In the past, I made a mother/daughter set of bracelets; someone else wanted one in school colors; someone wanted a set of friendship bracelets; and someone requested a bracelet in light and dark birthday colors. The pattern calls for 6/0 seed beads but I am using white glass cube beads with 8/0 Dyna-Mites pink glass seed beads.


Since I made one for myself in blue cube beads with gray pearls, I get many compliments whenever I wear it. This bracelet is very flattering and comfortable when worn.

The color white represents: idealism, cleanliness, purity; pink represents: love, sweetness, romance.

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. If you like what you have read, please follow by adding your e-mail address in the box at the top right.

Where are you putting your energies today? I would love hearing from you, so please leave a comment below.

My jewelry is within your reach
On Etsy at The Beaded Pathway
Hoping to reach
Your doorway.

Motto: Perseverance is the secret to a successful achievement.

Have a great day,
Sue


























  

No comments:

Post a Comment